CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Something to think about out

I know this is probably a dumb thing to post but I just wanted to share it. We got our boys a new bedroom set along with this armoire. I checked it out to make sure that it wouldn't tip. I thought it was a little flimsy but thought it would be ok for then. The next day I heard the loudest BOOM come from upstairs. I ran up and found Kenyon crying. Luckily, he was ok, but the whole thing had tipped over, while he was climbing up the drawers to see if something was on top, and since the drawers were out I think that saved him because the drawers stopped the armoire from falling completely on its face. The TV and some other things fell out. We anchored it right away and it is safe now. Anyways, I am sure most of you are smarter than I am, but I wanted to share this because I didn't even think of anchoring it. I guess I didn't think my 5 or 7 year old would climb up a dresser and my 1 year old is usually playing around there and things could have turned out a lot worse. I will anchor everything for now on!

3 comments:

harmony said...

We enjoyed the same thing a few years ago when a dresser fell on Aspen when she was 6 or so. She stopped it half way down and was yelling for us from her room. It was pretty scary for her. We still don't have it anchored. Thanks for the reminder.

Sarah said...

Scary! I'm so glad he's OK! I'm checking my house for hazards now. Thanks for the reminder.

Megan said...

Thank goodness Matt knew to anchor our new bookshelf. Cayson climbs it, and I would've never thought to do that. I swear this parenting stuff can give you a heart attack!! : ) I am glad he didn't get hurt!!