CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 1, 2008

How's your week?


I've had one of those weeks. You know, the kind that you go to bed thinking at least tomorrow will be better and you wake up to find you were wrong. While I've been...


-Battling a headache for FOUR days

-Had a child with food poisioning

-Had another child brought to me at church for, let's just say, misbehaving. (it's a story for another day)

-Living in a messy house

-Getting through Halloween, which can always be challenging with all this sugar flying around.

-Having a husband with a cold

-Coming down with a cold myself


these words from Pres. Thomas S. Monson kept coming into my mind...


If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.


Hey, at least tomorrow is the beginning of a new week right?!

7 comments:

Amberly said...

I'm sorry things haven't been going how you planned. At least you do have Pres. Monson's words floating in your head during all this. Sometimes it's easy for me to forget encouraging sentiments like that. Things will get better. Hang in there!

Megan said...

Gees tough week! I am sorry, I know how that is. I love that quote though...AWESOME!!!

Nicole said...

Ouch. I thought my week was rough. Hope it gets better!

Carpenter Column said...

THAT was one of my FAVORITE quotes of the whole conference - that and what the marathon runner said, "You can't have the will to win if you don't have the will to prepare" or something like that!

Lydia said...

I have had a very similar week. So, how do you enjoy the journey? I keep trying to figure it out. I know I will miss this part of my life when it is gone, but that doesn't help me enjoy. How do you enjoy it?

Joann said...

sorry you have been having a bad week. Hope it gets better soon. Thanks for that quote it came at a good time for me.

kristen said...

I hate when your family is sick. Having your husband sick is the very worst though. I hope you guys get feeling better in your house. I love when it starts to cool down but hate the crapy sicknesses that come with the weather. Thank goodness for halloween being over. Now I just want the candy to be gone.