CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 22, 2008

The Things we go through for our Kiddos!

Recently I was reading Mandy's blog and it brought back a memory that I just have to share with you. I will begin by saying that at the time this happened I did not find it funny at all, but as time goes on I have to admit, it's pretty funny.

When D.J. was in Kindergarten he rode the bus to school. In the middle of the year the school decided to change the bus schedule. The change put him at school 30 minutes early and the whole bus route was different. Being the loving mother that I am, or paranoid, I decided to follow the bus to school so I could see what the new route was.

I guess I made the bus driver nervous so she asked all the kids to look at the car behind them and asked if it was any one's Mom. Of course my little D.J. said, "No, it's not mine." So she called the police. I was pulled over and the police officer would not believe me that my kid was on the bus. He said the driver asked ALL the kids and everyone said, "no." I was so mad. Honestly, why would I be following a bus, in my pajamas, no bra, hair not done, no shoes, with my screaming baby in the back seat, if my kid wasn't on the bus. Finally, after what seemed like forever he let me go, but not without telling me that the city police have my license plate number and if I get caught following a bus again I would have big problems. I immediately called Trevor to get some sympathy but he was laughing so hard I hung up on him. Later that day when D.J. got home he told me all about the bad lady that was following them to school but told me not to worry because the police came and took her to jail. I didn't have the nerve to tell him it was me. I just said, "oh, good thing!" To this day he doesn't know it was me.

To top it all off, that night was a ward party and guess what the talk of the neighborhood was? Yep, the BAD person following the bus to school! Trevor kept looking at me laughing. I gave him the evil eye, you know the one that says 'if you say anything you will die'!

Like I said, not funny at the time, pretty funny now!

The things we go through for our kids!

So here's the lesson for the day... don't follow your kids bus to school or make sure your kids know what your car looks like!

7 comments:

Celia said...

Hilarious Sarah! I just read that out loud to my sisters-in-law and mother-in-law and it's even funnier out loud! We were dying!

Lisa said...

That's awesome! I love that story! You are great!

kristen said...

You need to write that in your journal so you can share that with him as he gets older. That is great.

Michelle and Nick said...

I remember that day. You were so angry. But now remembering it, it is hilarious!

harmony said...

Dear Bad Lady,

You really need to stop following buses to school. It is making the kids nervous. Why don't you get a hobby or something else to do with all of your extra time.

Thanks,

Vernon Henshaw

Jaimee said...

That is absolutely hysterical. I can't believe that he didn't recognize your car! I just figured he was too embarrassed to admit to it. You'll have to tell him someday when he has kids of his own.

Cassie said...

Hey Sarah! I happened to find this blog by mistake. I was on mine and I hit the dashboard icon and this blog came up. Glad I kinda know who's it is. That story cracked me up. D.J. is the funniest kid. I love your stories about him.